Lentils, Monastery Style
(Note: lentils need to be sprouted if you’re on the SCD diet)
- 1/4 cup olive oil 1 cup lentils, dry
- 2 large onions, chopped 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 carrot, chopped 1 16oz can tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp thyme grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 3 cups seasoned stock or water
Saute’ the onions, carrots in olive oil 3-5 minutes. Add herbs & saute’ 1 minute. Add stock/water, dry lentils, parsley & tomatoes. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for one hour.
Serve with grated mozzarella cheese (we use soy cheese) about 2 Tbsp per person.
Serves 4-6 people. Enjoy!