Great Tasting, Healthy Recipes We Love!
Lentils, Monastery Style
(Note: lentils need to be sprouted if you’re on the SCD diet)
- 1/4 cup olive oil 1 cup lentils, dry
- 2 large onions, chopped 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 carrot, chopped 1 16oz can tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp thyme grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 3 cups seasoned stock or water
Saute’ the onions, carrots in olive oil 3-5 minutes. Add herbs & saute’ 1 minute. Add stock/water, dry lentils, parsley & tomatoes. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for one hour.
Serve with grated mozzarella cheese (we use soy cheese) about 2 Tbsp per person.
Serves 4-6 people. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Cookies (SCD Safe)
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Pecan halves (optional)
Preheat oven to 275 F.
Place butter in mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients, except pecans, stirring the flour in last. Form dough into 1 inch diameter balls and place on a buttered cookie sheet. Press a pecan half into each ball to flatten. If not using pecans, flatten cookies a bit with the tines of a fork.
Bake at 275 F for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
Recipe from Lucy’s Specific Carbohydrate Diet Cookbook – www.lucyskitchenshop.com
Peanut Butter Balls (SCD Safe)
Yields 60 – 80 Balls
- 2 cups Peanut Butter, crunchy
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds, raw
- 1/3 cup Almonds, slivered
- ¼ cup Walnuts, chopped (or pecans)
- 2 Tbs. Sesame seeds
- 1 cup Coconut, shredded
- ½ cup Raisins
Mix in order given. Roll in additional sesame seeds or coconut. Refrigerate.